Institutional Membership offers a cost-effective way to provide professional development to all your staff. Whether implemented at the campus or system level, your NASFAA membership adds immediate benefits to any student assistance program.
- Member-only access to the NASFAA website, including the AskRegs Knowledgbase, the Student Aid Index, and the new Compliance Engine
- Subscriptions to the award-winning Today's News daily email and the online Journal of Student Financial Aid
- Member pricing on continuing education, conferences, and publications
- Access to selected free training opportunities
- In-depth legislative and regulatory analysis, reporting, and email alerts
- The NASFAA Career Center, including job alerts and resume bank
- The online Membership Directory and Speaker/Mentor Directory
- Professional networking
- and more Institutional Member Benefits
Institutional membership in the association is open to institutions of post-secondary education having an interest in promoting the effective administration of student financial aid which meet the following criteria:
- Normally maintain a regular faculty and curriculum and normally have a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where the educational activities are regularly carried on; and
- Normally have a full-time employee with primary responsibility for the administration of student aid.
- Single-campus institutions under the control of a single administration receive a single institutional membership.
- Institutions with branch campuses may purchase a separate membership for each branch campus, or combine the institutional Full-Time Equivalent (FTE), pay one base fee, and join under one membership. The combined option is only available if all branches are included, and entitles the institution to only one vote.
- Institutions that are part of a larger system or district may purchase a separate membership, or the system may combine the institutional Full-Time Equivalent (FTE), pay individual base fees for each financially independent campus, and then reduce the total bill by 5 percent. This is only available if all system member institutions are included, and entitles the system to only one vote.
Membership Tiers & Dues
Several dues levels are available to accommodate the wide variety of budgets and staff sizes. You may choose from:
- Value Plus
Detailed information about membership tiers, benefits and pricing for 2018-2019
Justify Your Dues to Your Institutional President
When your institution joins NASFAA, you designate a Primary Contact to serve as the institutional voting representative. The primary contact automatically receives all the benefits to which the institution is entitled, and also is responsible for designating the staff members who may access your member benefits and entitlements.